Translate

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I want to Thank God but Newspaper does not let me

Every morning I wake up and I try to thank God for giving me another day but as soon as I open newspaper I feel like going back to bed. Newspapers are doing a good job of convincing me that I live in the crappiest place. People in the region are the worst and everything is going down the drain. From the first page of newspaper to the last page every news is about shit happening around. There is no way one can feel good about life when you start your day with newspaper. For many years every morning a lot of people like to wake up with their cup of hot tea/coffee and latest newspaper, this might change. For quite some time I have been opening newspaper only to throw it away in disgust. All these large publication houses who have army of reporters never have anything good to report.

It’s not just print media news reporting on TV is also the same. We are in a serious shortage of genuine reporters. Last night I surfed through 9 news channels and eight of them had exact same shows. All of them had panel of four “experts” who are not so expert discussing the same problem. It was unbelievable. Was there nothing else to discuss in the entire country? Where is the originality? Right now while I am typing I surfed through the news channels and some of them are showing news others are shoeing recap of TV shows, some have some Babas solving people’s problems on phone, some news channels are showing the horoscope. It’s sad that none of the channels is showing any documentary. There is no investment by anybody in news business on unearthing realities. All the news is about sensational news.

Can’t forget the time when every news channel in the country was reporting about a child who fell in the pit. After that every second day similar news followed. Then there was the day when for one full day all the news channels were showing news of tiger killing a man in Delhi zoo. There was also a week when every news channel was showing news about government of India Digging up earth in some village because some Baba claimed that he dreamt of gold hidden there. Later there was no update about it. Whether they found gold or not nobody reported.

There is little to no world news reaching Indian audience who do not speak English. And there is no local news reporting either. All the news is about Delhi and politics, films, cricket and scams. I would like to believe that there could be more to news than these four elements. The world is constantly changing and we hardly get know about the world. When people talk about foreign countries they talk about USA, UK, Canada and Australia. There is much more to the world than just that.
It’s time to wake to better news reporting.

I would love to wake up with the newspaper in hand one that has a positive, happy headline. At least the news that makes me thank God for giving me this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment